Friday, March 4, 2016

21st Century Learning Conference: Student Feedback

On Friday, Nipmuc hosted its second 21st Century Learning Conference with the theme of "Connected Learning". The day welcomed more than 100 professionals, community leaders, and higher education representatives to partner with our faculty for a day of authentic, real world learning. The schedule was filled with a variety of programs including a career and college fair with more than sixty representatives, two mock town meetings, a networking lunch, and trainings on a wide range of topics. Click here to see the sessions that were offered and the professionals who helped to make the day a success.


21st Century Learning Conference: Connected Learning

Included below is a collection of comments from our students' evaluation of the day, discussing what they valued about their conference: 
  • "I learned how to better communicate with professionals and how to run a town meeting."
  • "The personal finance workshop was very entertaining and helped me to gain an understanding of my future." 
  • "Networking. Networking. Networking. Also, that they're are some very interesting STEM careers and companies in the area." 
  • "How to manage my money and finances in the real world." 
  • "I LOVED the 'Pathway to Nursing' information session! I got so much out of it and I got a lot out of my questions from people who are actually in the profession." 
  • "The mock town meeting because it was real world applicable and it prepared us for something we will experience in the future. It also helped with the life skills of civic integration and public speaking." 
  • "My top takeaway was from the power networking workshop. I got to create a 30 second elevator speech about myself that I can use when applying to college or getting a job." 
  • "'Are You Smart about Money' was the best because it taught me how to manage my money after college with a job." 
  • "The hour of code was the best session because it allowed me to see what it would be like to be a computer scientist." 
  • "The best session that I attended today was 'Presentation Skills for the 21st Century'. Giving a good presentation in front of a group of people has almost always been a struggle of mine, and I enjoyed learning how to make my presentations better." 
Today was a great day for Nipmuc. Thank you to Mrs. Hennessy for all of her hard work in taking the lead role of organizing this event. Additionally, thank you to Senator Michael Moore and Representative David Muradian for working with our students today. Thanks go out also to our faculty and the 100+ professionals and community leaders who helped to make this day such a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment