Friday, February 27, 2015

Student Feature Friday - Track Athletes Compete at Highest Level

Nipmuc Track Athletes Nicole Murphy, Richie Schioloski, and Kurt Robakiewicz

In addition to the accomplishments of State Champion Kevin Hack, Nipmuc has three additional track athletes who competed at the highest level during the month of Feburary. I am proud to feature seniors Nicole Murphy, Kurt Robakiewicz, and Richie Schiloski who took part in district/state competitions.

Nicole Murphy
Q: What is the most memorable part of your season?
A: I think the most significant memory of this season was the difficulty of these past snow storms. With loads of snow falling weekly that resulted in slippery, icy roads and uncleared tracks, I was forced to be creative when running and completing track workouts. I think running in the snow and training outside is what makes it all the more fun. It made it challenging but it was a new experience and for that I am grateful.

Q: What is your proudest moment from the season?
A: I am most proud of our team. With low numbers, and no indoor facility that either of us could train in, we used our resources to the best of our ability and stuck together. Even though we all competed in very different events, we encouraged each other. I am proud of our unconditional spirit to reach the state meet with individual dedication.

Kurt Robakiewicz
Q: What is the most memorable part of your season?
A: I would say that my most memorable part of the season would simply be growing with the track team. As you may know, our track team does not have a lot of people on it and we can barely fill every event; but even so, we have a lot of talent on our team and we have done very well this season. As a result, my favorite memory for this season was bonding and growing as a team. With our small numbers, even though most of the team was composed of new people, we quickly learned one another's names, one another's strong suits, and each other's weaknesses and did our best to work together to coach one another to oust all of our weaknesses.

Q: What is your proudest moment from the season?
A:When I look back at this indoor track season, I am most proud of Kevin Hack because, as I mentioned, we all coach one another and I especially helped to coach him, and seeing him break his personal record again and again was just as rewarding to me as it was to him.

Richie Schiloski
Q: What is the most memorable part of your season?
A: Looking back on the year, the most memorable part of my season was setting the Nipmuc record  in the shot put.

Q: What is your proudest moment from the season?
A:  I am most proud of all the accomplishments that our team accomplished this year even though we had very little space to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment