Friday, February 27, 2015

Feature Friday: Back-to-Back State Champion High Jumper Kevin Hack

Back-to-back State Champion Kevin Hack at the championship meet.
(photo credit John Tlumacki/Boston Globe)
Nipmuc is thrilled to celebrate the tremendous accomplishment of State Champion High Jumper Kevin Hack. After establishing himself as the best high jumper in Massachusetts during his sophomore year in 2014, Kevin has once again distinguished himself as the best of the best. He earned the State Championship this year after jumping an astounding 6' 8", nearly reaching the record in this competition.

I had the chance to ask Kevin about his amazing season and second State Championship in a row.

Q: What is the most memorable part of your season?
A: I have to say looking back on this season it was full of amazing memories and it is tough to choose a favorite. Overall my most memorable part of the season so far is winning the state championship for the second consecutive year.  Achieving this was one of the proudest and most memorable moments of the season.

Q: What does it mean to you to win the state championship?
A: Winning the state championship this year meant more to me than just having the title.  To me it was a way of telling myself that all my hard work has paid off.  That everything I have been working for this year has all come together and made it worth my time and effort.  Overall there is no way to describe the feeling of clearing that bar and knowing on the way down that I've won.  It's a feeling I'll never forget and hopefully one I get to experience again in the future.

Q: What are your goals for next year?
A: Next year my goals are to win states again as well as the New England Regional meet.  As well, I would like to clear 7 feet.  This has been my goal for over a year now and I hope that if I put in the hard work I'll be able to achieve this goal.

Congratulations, Kevin!

No comments:

Post a Comment