Friday, May 22, 2015

Student Feature Friday - Elias Tamagni receives Daughters of the American Revolution Good Citizen Award Recipient

Senior DAR Good Citizen Eli Tamagni 
As we get ready to honor our seniors in the coming week, I'm excited to share the achievement of senior Eli Tamagni who was recently honored by the Daughters of the American Revolution as an outstanding citizen. Eli has been a fantastic student leader during his time at Nipmuc and is currently completing his presidency of the Central District Massachusetts Association of Student Councils. He graduates on Friday and will continue his studies at Suffolk University next year. Congrats, Eli. 


Q. What does it mean to you to be honored by the DAR as a good citizen?
A. Being honored as the DAR has meant a great deal to me.  Not exactly knowing what it was going into it, I did not realize what great things I would get out of it.  Researching the DAR has brought me to understand its great historical importance and meaning, and it's exciting to think that I have now become a part of such an organization.

Q.  What was the most memorable part of the event at which you were honored?
A. The most memorable part of the honoree luncheon was signing the book that signified my acceptance into this chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.  It almost made me feel like I was stepping back in time.

Q.  How do you think your experience as a student leader contributed to your receipt of this award?
A.   I feel as though my experience as a student leader has earned me this honor.  Being highly involved in student leadership since my freshman year, I’ve learned valuable lessons such as the value of teamwork and communication.  I feel like these important skills, as well as the many others I’ve learned, have contributed not only to my receipt of this award, but as an individual.

No comments:

Post a Comment