Friday, May 1, 2015

Feature Friday - Students Travel to France and Spain over April Vacation

Our travelers at a park in Barcelona
This week I am excited to share the adventures of a group of ten Nipmuc students who traveled to Spain and France with Nipmuc Italian teacher Kate Reardon and Memorial Elementary School art teacher Jess Fowler.

The trip provided a number of experiences that our students will always remember. As Ms. Reardon described in their itinerary, "The trip was an amazing experience for the students who have studied French and Spanish. We started our trip in Paris where we learned about the history of the kings and saw their summer house of Versailles. The students were able to climb the Eiffel Tower, visit Notre Dame and shop along the Champs Elysees. We then traveled to the Cote d’Azur where we visited the Independent city-state of Monaco and the coastal town of Nice. While traveling to Barcelona, students were also able to see evidence of the ancient Romans in the town of Nimes, where there is an amphitheater and at the Pont du Gard which is a Roman aqueduct. We finished our trip in Barcelona, switching to the Spanish language and lifestyle. We admired the artwork of Gaudi throughout the town and saw the site of the 1992 Olympics. It was a great trip and the students were such a pleasure to travel with."

I was excited to hear from our student travels about their awesome trip. 

Q. What is your favorite memory from your trip to Spain and France?


Aaron Akerman
A. My favorite memory was being able to meet new people and travel together and make new friendships and learn about France and Spain together with an amazing tour guide.


Madison Armstrong
A. My favorite memory from our trip to France and Spain was definitely going to Nice, France and walking around the small city. There was a beach there and tons of shops and looking at the architecture was amazing. Of course I loved eating 4 ice creams a day as well!. I also loved being able to go with different schools and meeting new people. I made friends that I will most definitely stay in contact with and hopefully see again soon!

Aleah Castonguay
A. My favorite part of the trip to France and Spain was no doubt Paris. I loved it because of all the beautiful views and places. We got to see the Eiffel Tower at sunset and at night. We got to see it light up and I got to climb 669 steps to the second floor. We also got to go into the Louvre and see the Mona Lisa in person. It is a lot more colorful than most people make it out to be. I wish we had more time there and I definitely want to go back some day.


Carly Daniels
A. My favorite memory of the Europe trip was definitely Paris. I have always wanted to go to Paris, so just being there was enough of an incredible opportunity. The Eiffel Tower was stunning and frankly, every part of Paris was amazing. I loved every second of it and am so grateful to be able to take part in such a wonderful trip.


Katie Friberg
A. My favorite memory about my trip to Spain and France would be when we went to little villages in the southern part of France. The two that stood out to me was Eze and Monaco! To get to both the bus had to drive up a curvy road going up a mountain with a gorgeous view of the ocean. They were small cities compared to Paris and Barcelona and I loved it. I liked seeing how people lived outside the city. Also I will never forget the people I met on this trip; it would not have been the same without the groups from Quincy and Southern Vermont.

Victoria Mackenzie
A. My favorite memory was going to Paris and going on the city tour and seeing the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame, and much more. This trip gave me memories that I will never forget.

Kayma Snook
A. My favorite memory from then Spain and France trip was walking along the jetty on the Mediterranean Sea in Barcelona during sunset with all the new friends I made from the other school. It was the day before the last day of our vacation and it gave me time to sit back and take in all the exciting things we had done that week. It was also really beautiful.

Kelsey Snook
A. I would have to say that my favorite memory from the trip was going to the Eiffel Tower. This is because I've dreamed of going to see it my entire life and then it became real! And it was better than I have ever imagined because we went at night and all the lights were lit up and the second we showed up it started sparkling!

Connor Walz
A. My favorite memory from the trip to Spain and France was seeing all the views and landscapes, especially while in Eze, France.















 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment