As a reminder to all students, essays for the next round of the contest need to be submitted to the main office by April 3, 2014.
Students are asked to write an essay in which they discuss one of the quotations posted in our halls and how it represents a core value at Nipmuc.
The quotes and values are as follows:
- "High achievement always takes place in the framework of high expectations." - Charles Kettering
- "To be one, to be united is a great thing. But to respect the right to be different is maybe even greater." - Bono
- "It is not only what we do, but also what we do not do, for which we are accountable." - Moliere
- "The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self respect springs." - Joan Didion
- "In times of change, learners inherit the Earth, while the learned find themselves beautifully equipped for a world that no longer exists." - Eric Hoffer
- "Remember that our nation's first great leaders were also our first great scholars." - John F. Kennedy
The winner of the contest receives a "$50 scholarship" and is able to compete with other winners for an overall award of $200.