Friday, January 8, 2016

Student Feature Friday - Senior Sarah Tong Honored at Superintendent's Award Luncheon


Nipmuc's WCSA Scholar Sarah Tong


Each January the Worcester County Superintendent's Association recognizes some of the best and brightest students in central Massachusetts at its scholars luncheon. Held at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, this year's event highlighted the academic, leadership, and personal achievements of a talented group of students. The luncheon provided the chance for honored students from each high school to be recognized and awarded a gift.

Dr. Maruszczak and I were thankful to be joined at the event by Nipmuc senior Sarah Tong. Ranked at the top of the senior class, Sarah represented Nipmuc's students and was honored for her academic accomplishments and contributions to the school.

I had the chance to speak with Sarah about this award and what it means to her.

Q. What does it mean to you to be honored by this award? 
A. Receiving this prestigious award is extremely meaningful to me. I am grateful to have had the opportunity to be recognized for my hard work and perseverance throughout these four years at Nipmuc.  It is an honor to represent this strong and supportive school.

Q. What are your plans for life after Nipmuc?
A. After Nipmuc, I plan on pursuing my undergraduate degree in biology and physiology to later fulfill my dream of becoming a physician assistant. I would also love to continue my training and passion for dance by seeking out opportunities to perform and choreograph.

Q: What was the most memorable part of the event?
A. Meeting and learning about each and every scholar from our community, Worcester County, was most memorable to me. Being surrounded by all these amazing and accomplished fellow students in one room made me realize how distinguished and unique we all are.

No comments:

Post a Comment