Friday, May 23, 2014

Feature Friday: The Leaders of the Class of 2014

Class of 2014 Officers:
(l-r) Treasurer Laura Ng, Secretary Robby Aziz, President Emily Wojtowicz, and Vice President Abby Griswold






















Yesterday Nipmuc congratulated its seniors on their last formal school day of their high school career. Today the class is celebrating their upcoming graduation with a day-long trip to Boston complete with a visit to the Boston Aquarium, Faneuil Hall,  and Fenway Park before ending the night with a cruise through Boston Harbor. This trip as well as prom and so many other senior activities was organized and run through the thoughtful and dedicated planning of the senior class officers. President Emily Wojtowicz, Vice President Abigail Griswold, Treasurer Laura Ng, and Secretary Robert Aziz have provided their classmates with exceptional leadership throughout their high school career. It has been a pleasure to work with a leadership team that is as caring, organized, and accountable as this group of officers. They have set a phenomenal example for our entire school, and I'm proud to have worked with them throughout their years at our school.

In today's feature I'm happy to share a few thoughts of our senior leaders as they get ready for the excitement and satisfaction of graduation.

Senior Class President Emily Wojtowicz:
Q: What graduation activities are you most excited for?
A: Working as class president these past three years has been an unforgettable experience. Freshman year I was as shy as a girl could be. However, having this leadership position has helped me grow so much. The most important lesson I have learned is to cherish the moments and the memories with those around you. Planning prom, the class trip, senior night, etc. has been so much fun. However, the most satisfying feeling is to enjoy these events with my peers. We are celebrating these past four years together. It gives us a chance not only to say goodbye but also to say thank you to those who have shaped our lives. It is truly a celebration.

Senior Class Vice President Abigail Griswold:
Q: What have you most enjoyed about your role as a class officer?
A: Being a class officer has given me the opportunity to develop relationships with the teachers and administration in and outside of the classroom. I never would have realized what amazing, organized, helpful, and caring people there are within the walls of Nipmuc that dedicate their free time to making students' experiences unforgettable. They helped make stressful times a little easier and never failed to give me and my fellow class officers positive reassurance. I'm extremely thankful for the relationships and connections I have forged with faculty during my time as a class officer at Nipmuc.

Senior Class Treasurer Laura Ng:
Q: What have you most enjoyed about your role as a class officer?
A: Being a class treasurer for the past three years has been a truly enriching experience. Class office has taught me about leadership and accountability, but the part I most enjoyed about holding an office was being able to really know my fellow classmates. I feel like not many people get to say they've had conversations with every member of their graduating class, and being able to say with veracity that it is an experience I would not trade for anything. The Class of 2014 is truly exceptional and getting to know its members in the capacity I have is an honor and a privilege.

Senior Class Secretary Robert Aziz:
Q: What have you enjoyed about your role as a class officer?
A: Being a class officer has been an extremely fulfilling role. The thing I most enjoyed about being an officer was feeling that I made an impact on the class as a whole. Making an impact on the experiences, events, and everyday lives of the class filled me with a great feeling of content. I am so blessed to have watched the class grow. Being a part of the widespread success of the class and seeing their happiness is truly what I enjoyed the most about my role as class officer.

No comments:

Post a Comment